Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, July 5, 2013

week 4: results

Well, this week's mini-vacation/holiday took a bit of a toll on my weight loss. I'm down .8 lbs from last Friday, which is nice. However, I had weighed myself on Sunday, and I had been down 2.2 lbs from Friday. So the net loss wasn't that great, but at least I still lost weight, right?   I did splurge on a couple of ice cream cones while I was away, and then I had some yummy, but not so healthy, cookout foods yesterday. 

On to this week's numbers:

Weekly Changes:
# of Workout Days: 4


Weight lost this week: 0.8 lbs

Total weight lost: 6.0 lbs

Inches Lost (to-date, with this week's changes in red): 2.5 (hips), 3.0 (thighs), .75 (calves), .5 (upper arms),1 (waist and abdomen, each)

Activity Points remaining: 0/28 

Weekly Points remaining: 9/49



I'm pretty happy with the changes in my hips and thighs. It totally shows that I'm biking it. I wish my arms would go down more - that upper arm thing on the bike - well, frankly, it kills me.  For the amount of burn I feel, I would think my arms would be down more by now. 

Though I only worked out 4 times this week, I managed to get three workouts of 30+ mins. The week before I'd worked out 5 times, but actually put less time in exercising. I upped it by almost 20 mins last week. 

I have switched my plans about exercising: I was planning on doing at least 5x week, but now I'm switching it to 4 days on, 1 day off. So, some weeks I may work out five times, other weeks I will only get four in. My body, right now, can't handle more than 4 days in a row. We'll see how this new method works out.

So far, these are the changes that I've seen in a non-weight-loss way:


  • My shoulders and neck are where I hold all my tension. In February I was in a bunch of pain along my right shoulder (really stressful time at work). The past week or so, it's felt a lot looser, not so tight. That's the arm thing on the bike at work!
  • I fell down a flight of stairs years ago and essentially wrecked my right knee. Every now and then it goes out, and I hobble around for a few days before it feels better. Right now it feels better than it's felt in a long time. Again, that's the bike at work!
  • I'm sleeping better - I think it's the exhaustion! 

I haven't noticed a change in how my clothes fit yet, but I can't wait for that day. I know i'm only down 6 lbs so far, but I'm hoping to notice a change around the 10 lb mark, at least in my pants. In fact, to motivate myself, I bought some inspiration jeans - 2 sizes smaller than what I wear right now. My goal is to be in those this fall some time. I'd like to be wearing them in time for my trip in October, but time will tell.  Right now I can pull them on, but they are nowhere close to being able to button up at the waist.  I'm just going to keep trying them on every Friday, and see what happens.

My goal is still 30 lbs down by my trip to Greece in October. It's totally doable, if I keep exercising, and can manage to lose 2 lbs a week. Wish me luck!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment