Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, June 16, 2013

06/16/13

I've had an exercise bike for years and have used it pretty sporadically.  It was just a cheap one without any tension adjustment.  It started dying last week, making a gawd-awful noise, so I ordered a new one off Amazon. Gotta love prime shipping, it's not going to cost me a fortune to have it shipped here.  The new one does have a tension gauge on it, and movable arms on it like the one that I have now.  It should be arriving tomorrow.

Even though the old bike is broken, I've still been using it. I've just been going a little slower, to keep the noise down.  I was able to get in 8 miles today, before the noise got to me.  Three less than I was hoping for, but some is better than none, right?

I will say that I have noticed a difference since I started using it.  My shoulder hasn't been as tight - I pulled a muscle in it back in Feb. I went for a massage today, and even my masseuse said she noticed a difference in muscles/shoulders, yay!  Never mentioned to her that I've been working out, so that was cool.

Today was day 1 of WW as well, and it went so-so.  Mostly because I was waiting for peapod to get here, because I had no food in the house, and they didn't get here until about 30 mins ago.  I hate food shopping and that's something I'm going to have to work on doing on a regular basis. At least now I'm stocked up on lots of yummy healthy foods, and I should be good for the next couple of weeks.  Off to make my lunch for tomorrow in a little bit, no more buying lunches at work!

I made a list of some goals- short-term and long-term ones, as well as some non-weight related ones too:

Goals
Lose 10 lbs (5%) 
Lose another 9.5 lbs (10% - 19.5 lbs total)
Lose another 9 lbs (15% - 28.5 lbs total)
170 for Greece in October
Lose another 8.5 lbs (20% - 37 lbs total)
Lose another 8 lbs (25%  - 45 lbs total)
Weigh 150 lbs 
Lose another 7.75 lbs (30% - 52.75 lbs total)
Re-evaluate weight loss goal
Non-scale goals
Bike 25 miles
Run 1 mile
Fit into a size 10
Sign up for Zumba
Sign up for gym membership
Buy a pair of expensive non-plus jeans
Buy an expensive pair of knee boots

No comments:

Post a Comment